Friday, October 31, 2008
As you can see we really enjoy carving. Not meant to be scary just a lot of fun. They look awesome when they are all lit out front. I will take a photo later tonight and post it. They were all just placed back out this morning. Come on over and check them out! There are still five more to carve but they will just have to look nice outside as pumpkins not jack-o-lanterns. There is a plan for one of the leftovers... I will be carving a turkey in it for the Thanksgiving centerpiece. We also baked the seeds. Shared them with a few people (you're welcome Tommy, didn't want them moldy again this year!!!).
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Just had to assure all of you that contrary to what it looks like, she was just fine.
Not feeling so well today so I am going to keep this short and sweet.
We will be headed UP north this weekend (to celebrate W yet again with bampa Butch). We pray that you all have a safe relaxing weekend. I has been almost three months since Jeremy has been UP north so we are really excited to get away as a family.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Special prayer request... PLEASE... Pray for my youngest brother Noah (19). He is stationed in Kuwait and will be there into the new year. And for one of my older brothers, Adam (32), who just got a new position. It was really needed. May they find peace to get them through their days.
Monday, October 20, 2008
"Not me! Monday" hosted by MckMama.
This past week I certainly did not:
get losttake the scenic route to my destination only to bypass my first destination only to realize when I was 40min from my first and 23min from my second.
- Get totally excited when Jeremy told me that W could stay with him and hunt too.
- act like I was still asleep at 2am this morning when I could hear Jeremy chewing H out for "being old enough to get to the toilet" thinking he wet the bed...only to arise when the smell hit me!
- stick my son's afghan in the toilet to rinse vomit out of it at 2am this morning.
- almost vomit myself this morning as I recapped my 2am by putting more dirty bedding in the washing machine.
- rinse 7, yes that many nasty diapers yesterday. Every single diaper I changed. (**note to self, peanuts don't like L)
- totally miss my hubby and not sleep well because of it. And I was not totally crabby because two hours of sleep isn't compatible with four little kids.
- do all the dirty laundry and as it got clean leave it lay on the floor in front of the washer/dryer.
- really regret my decision to suck D's thumb after putting Mavala Stop on it. No, not me, that would have been the worst tasting, how the heck do you still have your thumb in your mouth, oh my gosh I should try that for my nail biting habit, gotta go brush my teeth for ten years, idea I have had in years.
Okay, I am already in enough trouble... can you say LaUnDrY?!?! Anyone wanna have a folding party? Man do I have to get my house changed over from summer and fall/winter to just fall/winter. This place is a disaster... sorry Angie and Ryan I really hope that me offering you jerky totally made you forget the mess you came upon Friday night. If not... stop by this evening (you are more than welcome) the house will be spotless.
**for the record, he did still have his thumb in his mouth even after I applied and reapplied. He did then shortly after throw up because of the horrid taste. And as far as we know did not put it back in... oh no, not D that would have tasted nasty. No worries though, he slept through all of the 2am vomit.
Happy day to all of you.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
At the time I was waaaaaaay pregnant with our second son W. I was not "allowed" to do any of the moving (although H and I packed the entire house before the move) that day. We moved our good friends out and moved us in. Two friends even put my kitchen together (they did an awesome job because it is the exact same as the day they did it). Since then we have added two more children to this lovely 956 square foot, 3bedroom, 1 bath.... HUGE back yard home, along with two egress windows, a 10x10 sandbox, color to the walls, bunk beds and a bench at the kitchen table. It is our haven and we are blessed to have a warm home full of love.
Friday, October 17, 2008
L... well, I got nothin. She had a same old same old kind of day.
W got to have his first sleepover. A friend sleept over for his up coming birthday. Since his day is on a weekday this year we decided that tonight (because I am short two people) would be a great night to do it. They had a great time and a little bit of cake too! Results?
*the cake has been edited to meet blog protocol. Please don't mind the finger in the nose... how do you think we keep the food bill down around here!
This was actually the first sleepover (non family and non needing help because we are in the hospital having a baby) that we have ever had at our house. Results? Not too bad, I think we can allow it again. I will let you know in the morning if there is reason to change my mind.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
back of the house (pillars for the deck need to be finished yet)
chimney (40feet in the air)
Like I said, he is my "hard work'n hubby". He busts his bottom everyday for all of us. Even yesterday, he was rained out so he came home (drove 40 minutes each way) and scrubbed my kitchen from top to bottom... yep, you read that right, all of the walls, appliances, cupboards, table and chairs, and the floor (oh yeah, and the bathroom floor too). PRETTY PROUD AND THANKFUL TOO!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Angie (Bring the Rain... a blog I "stalk") lost her baby to Trisomy 18 this past year has requested all mother's who have had a loss post a comment about their baby. She said that she would pray for all of us... the number of people who have posted is over 1500 and counting. Her faith walk is absolutely amazing and she documents it on her blog.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
- I am number four of eight children... four girls and four boys
- I dislike ice cream
- I struggle everyday with organization
IWe live in a "shoebox" (*I only say that because with the amount of people we have here the amount of shoes is well... absurd. and our home is a tiny rectangular shaped "box". This week we will have lived in our home for six years!)
- I AM FRUGAL almost to a fault
- I can cook
- I really, really, really, enjoy smelling brand new babies.
- Our second son cried for the first two years of his life (not an exaggeration) but I survived and still love him (he is turning six this month)
- I can still do a cart wheel... back walkover?..not a chance
- Autumn is my favorite season
- I enjoy being the sober driver
- I am proud of my husband and my children
- I "stalk" many people's blogs
- I am NOT a short order cook... yah don't like it?!? then you can just go to bed.
- I am a redeemed child of God
- I AM HAPPY
Sunday, October 12, 2008
God's richest blessings to the two of you.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Hope your change has less glass in it than ours!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone.