Thursday, November 26, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
What type of pets do you have? we do not have any pets at this time
What is your favorite color? Blue, any shade.
What is most memorable about your high school years? moving
What word describes you best? currently... Crabby
What is your greatest accomplishment? H, W, D, L and soon to be...
What drives you every day? God
What is your favorite food? pizza
Where do you want to retire? the UP
What is your business goal this year? to mind my own... LOL
Where do you like to vacation? any where with my husband
Who do you admire? my husband and my mom
What is your mission? Love God. Love others.
If you were invisible, where would you go? to bed
What traits in others are you attracted to? hard working
What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you? oh my, there are so many things. I can't don't know just one.
How do you want to be remembered? as a redeemed child of God
What would you do with a million dollars? be debt free
If you were on an island, who would you want to be with? my husband
You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about? God and family.
Kind of a different one, I know but I saw it on a few blogs I read and thought I would toss my answers in too.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
This week, W turns seven. That means we have lived in this house for seven years. Who would have thought when we moved in that we would have out grown it too! Never fear, Jeremy is here!! He is making (with the help of many other people, including our parents) more space in the basement. Much progress has been made. I can not wait to post photos!
I also, before the wrench, took some photos of our fall colors in our yard. I will try to get them posted this week.
Thanks for sticking with me. I will make an effort to not be gone this long again. What can I say, life happens.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Such a sweet little heart who can cry over anything. We love you big guy! All he wanted was some "baboons"(balloons *we don't have the in the house due to latex allergies) and a party. For his birthday. This morning he got up to a bouquet of Mylar balloons. He was so excited but angry at the same time. "Mom, I only wanted one!" But when I told him there was enough to share with his brothers and sister he was happy again. Cake, ice cream and Auntie Mary after supper tonight!
Happy Birthday D!
Monday, August 3, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
On another note, Stellan (and his family) could really use your prayers right now. As could my friend Christy and her son A who is in a medical emergency himself. May God move the people in charge to speed up their tempo and get him out as soon as they can.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
I want to thank you all who commented. I wish I was money rich so I could share a bar with each and everyone of you.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
- What is a lotion bar? The MadeOn lotion bar is a hard bar of lotion (like a regular or guest bar size of soap). Rather than pumping out lotion or squeezing lotion from a tube, this lotion rubs onto your skin, with your skin's temperature warming the lotion to absorb into your skin.
- Why lotion in a bar? The health properties of coconut oil and shea butter combine with the smooth and sealing properties of beeswax, which, when combined, are solid at room temperature. It doesn't take much body heat to soften the bar and these simple, pure ingredients work incredibly well together.
- Is it good for dry skin? The MadeOn lotion bar was MADE for dry skin. As someone who has fought the Band-Aid battle (reapplying Band-Aids after every hand-washing), attempted the gloves-on-at-bedtime routine, and gooped on the Bag Balm, I was ready to resign from any kitchen duties (hard to do as a mom!) I haven't had to use Band-Aids for dry skin cuts at all anymore.
- How did you come up with the combination? I tried a few recipes I found online when my 10 year old son had eczema. This combination fixed it within a few days. I was amazed that it worked for both of our skin problems.
- And the name? MadeOn? A sea salt company in Southern France has their employees sign and date the lid of the salt container once it is packaged. We decided to copy this idea to show that this is a fresh, high-quality product. I sign and date each lotion bar package after I make it. This does not imply a short shelf life, by the way. The lotion bar ingredients have a shelf life of 1-2 years, but chances are, you'll love it and use it up long before then.
- How else is MadeOn different from other lotion bars? Most lotion bar crafters attract the female gift-giving crowd - those who would buy it for its novelty, give it as a gift, and enjoy the fragrance of various scents. I take it a step further by providing a product with a purpose, which is to relieve dry skin. In addition to women, many men have serious skin issues and appreciate MadeOn's gender-neutral packaging. And for those who want first-class, the leather pouch adds that touch while providing a convenient place to wipe off any excess lotion. I wouldn't add scents unless they provide a specific health purpose.
- Who is the name behind MadeOn? My name is Renee Harris. I live with my husband and 7 children (ages 1 - 11) in beautiful Northern California.
- What's MadeOn currently doing? My two older sons help me sell lotion bars at the local farmer's market by giving out samples (contact me to find out where we'll be next). This week I'm making a lotion bar that works to repel mosquitoes... same 3 ingredients with citronella essential oil added as the repellent. My boys are sleeping out on the deck in the warm spring nights to test it out for me. I also have emu oil to try out in a lotion bar that will relieve sunburns. For the fitness crowd, I'm adding some cocoa butter to the original three, and for the bread bakers out there, it'll be avocado butter. I'm creating bars that match my current lifestyle and interests.
- And your website? http://www.hardlotion.com/ . That's where you can go to hear a podcast about MadeOn lotion, read testimonies, and, of course, place an order. You can also contact me through the webpage. Also, I need help "naming" the bars I listed in the previous paragraph. If you have an idea for a name, submit it and if I use it, I'll mail you a free bar of that type. Use the contact link on http://www.hardlotion.com/ .
Now, how to win. It is easy and you don't even need an account. Click bellow and leave a comment, any comment will do BUT remember keep it clean and nice, my mom reads my blog yah know. (if you don't have an account, type your comment and who you are... if I don't know you, a way to contact you if you win, and check the anonymous button). ONE entry per person, per day, Please. I will close this Monday May 25 and draw a winner Tuesday morning. I can not wait to give someone else a chance to check this product out!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
By the way, for the first time in ten years Jeremy "loves my hair cut" and a whole bunch of other people too! THANKS!!
I wish more people would realize that.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
I want to direct you to my good friends blog. She has an awesome "children" post. (Mom, click on the word children it will get you there!)
Next week marks our first date TEN years ago (he was my 21st birthday present) and the following week marks our EIGHT year wedding anniversary. I am proud to say that I am his, he is mine and we are His.
Now I know that these people mean no harm when they say this. But it gets me thinking that if we all just had another notch of respect for our husbands there would be fewer issues and a lot less splits in our society. Am I off the deep end or does that make sense?
There was a post I was directed to a couple of months ago and I saved it in my favorites so that I can reference it when I feel I need to. It is titled 12 Things You Should Not Do to Your Husband by:Camilia Brown. Here is number one of the twelve.
So, now to my back. I am feeling much better. Cleared to do what I can but not over do it. I am still waiting to be allowed to ride my bike and get back to the gym. I have gone from three times a day at the chiro, to two, and now to three times a week! Pretty awesome if I do say so myself. I am working on my review of the laundry products (hey, I wanna get it just right), and also an awesome giveaway (yeah! It will be my first ever).
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Never would have dreamed that I did not breath "properly". Doc said that eventually I will get to inhale*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*10, exhale*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*10. It is hard enough to do the four count, but I am conscious of it and that really helps!
Enjoying the sunshine. Praising God that Stellan and his mom are headed home!
Friday, April 24, 2009
I am still soda free, it has been a month now! I have lost nine pounds just from dropping all that sugar. (I can't wait to see what happens when I add some cardio to that!). I feel so great, BUT am still on a weight restriction. I can not pick my daughter up and am still supposed to "take it easy".
I plan to get this blog back up and running. I have a review I am working on getting published and so much more. I have learned so much that I can't wait to share. I know it will help all of you too... can you say sea salt? how about hormones?
Bet ya can't wait!!! Well, you are going to have to.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
(my body SCREAMING) YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE THAT!!! (Jeremy re enforcing) "YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE THAT, I will move her, just say so."
So that is what I did all day today. Lay on the couch, sit up on a chair, ice my back, hold sweet extra, care for her on my lap, when I needed her moved I just asked. What an awesome man. I will not lift anything more than a katsup bottle until I am told I can again. I would not like to get yelled at again.
As I sit on the edge of a hard chair (chiro order) the pain in my hip and back are awful so I thought I would listen to the music on my blog and write a quick note.
I used to worry that Jeremy would not be able to handle our household if anything ever happened to me. Well, he has proven me wrong. He is amazing. My house is immaculate. The children's rooms, clean. The laundry, done AND put away. The kitchen, everything done. The kids to their school and activities, ON TIME. The children that stay at home and our sweet extra, taken care of. Me, taken care of. It makes me feel so great knowing that he loves me so much. As my sister told me last night, "Anna you are a lucky woman to have such and amazing husband". I don't believe in luck, but it sounds really great doesn't it. I never thought that being laid off would be thought of as a good thing. But, God knows what needs to happen. I am the reason that he is laid off right now... honestly I can not run the house in the state that I am in. I am no longer vomiting or shaking but I am still extremely sore (even my clothes hurt to touch my back). Enough about me, I will make it!
If you have not checked on Stellan, there are some new posts. He still really needs our prayers.
I just want to add that although I have this awful "injury" I will be okay through some proper care (nope, no pain meds :( just lots of water) and being careful to get better. I will be okay. I have a family and enough friends that I will be non the worse for ware. I appreciate your prayers. I am truly blessed beyond measure.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009