Tuesday, May 26, 2009
I want to thank you all who commented. I wish I was money rich so I could share a bar with each and everyone of you.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
- What is a lotion bar? The MadeOn lotion bar is a hard bar of lotion (like a regular or guest bar size of soap). Rather than pumping out lotion or squeezing lotion from a tube, this lotion rubs onto your skin, with your skin's temperature warming the lotion to absorb into your skin.
- Why lotion in a bar? The health properties of coconut oil and shea butter combine with the smooth and sealing properties of beeswax, which, when combined, are solid at room temperature. It doesn't take much body heat to soften the bar and these simple, pure ingredients work incredibly well together.
- Is it good for dry skin? The MadeOn lotion bar was MADE for dry skin. As someone who has fought the Band-Aid battle (reapplying Band-Aids after every hand-washing), attempted the gloves-on-at-bedtime routine, and gooped on the Bag Balm, I was ready to resign from any kitchen duties (hard to do as a mom!) I haven't had to use Band-Aids for dry skin cuts at all anymore.
- How did you come up with the combination? I tried a few recipes I found online when my 10 year old son had eczema. This combination fixed it within a few days. I was amazed that it worked for both of our skin problems.
- And the name? MadeOn? A sea salt company in Southern France has their employees sign and date the lid of the salt container once it is packaged. We decided to copy this idea to show that this is a fresh, high-quality product. I sign and date each lotion bar package after I make it. This does not imply a short shelf life, by the way. The lotion bar ingredients have a shelf life of 1-2 years, but chances are, you'll love it and use it up long before then.
- How else is MadeOn different from other lotion bars? Most lotion bar crafters attract the female gift-giving crowd - those who would buy it for its novelty, give it as a gift, and enjoy the fragrance of various scents. I take it a step further by providing a product with a purpose, which is to relieve dry skin. In addition to women, many men have serious skin issues and appreciate MadeOn's gender-neutral packaging. And for those who want first-class, the leather pouch adds that touch while providing a convenient place to wipe off any excess lotion. I wouldn't add scents unless they provide a specific health purpose.
- Who is the name behind MadeOn? My name is Renee Harris. I live with my husband and 7 children (ages 1 - 11) in beautiful Northern California.
- What's MadeOn currently doing? My two older sons help me sell lotion bars at the local farmer's market by giving out samples (contact me to find out where we'll be next). This week I'm making a lotion bar that works to repel mosquitoes... same 3 ingredients with citronella essential oil added as the repellent. My boys are sleeping out on the deck in the warm spring nights to test it out for me. I also have emu oil to try out in a lotion bar that will relieve sunburns. For the fitness crowd, I'm adding some cocoa butter to the original three, and for the bread bakers out there, it'll be avocado butter. I'm creating bars that match my current lifestyle and interests.
- And your website? http://www.hardlotion.com/ . That's where you can go to hear a podcast about MadeOn lotion, read testimonies, and, of course, place an order. You can also contact me through the webpage. Also, I need help "naming" the bars I listed in the previous paragraph. If you have an idea for a name, submit it and if I use it, I'll mail you a free bar of that type. Use the contact link on http://www.hardlotion.com/ .
Now, how to win. It is easy and you don't even need an account. Click bellow and leave a comment, any comment will do BUT remember keep it clean and nice, my mom reads my blog yah know. (if you don't have an account, type your comment and who you are... if I don't know you, a way to contact you if you win, and check the anonymous button). ONE entry per person, per day, Please. I will close this Monday May 25 and draw a winner Tuesday morning. I can not wait to give someone else a chance to check this product out!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
By the way, for the first time in ten years Jeremy "loves my hair cut" and a whole bunch of other people too! THANKS!!
I wish more people would realize that.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
I want to direct you to my good friends blog. She has an awesome "children" post. (Mom, click on the word children it will get you there!)
Next week marks our first date TEN years ago (he was my 21st birthday present) and the following week marks our EIGHT year wedding anniversary. I am proud to say that I am his, he is mine and we are His.
Now I know that these people mean no harm when they say this. But it gets me thinking that if we all just had another notch of respect for our husbands there would be fewer issues and a lot less splits in our society. Am I off the deep end or does that make sense?
There was a post I was directed to a couple of months ago and I saved it in my favorites so that I can reference it when I feel I need to. It is titled 12 Things You Should Not Do to Your Husband by:Camilia Brown. Here is number one of the twelve.
So, now to my back. I am feeling much better. Cleared to do what I can but not over do it. I am still waiting to be allowed to ride my bike and get back to the gym. I have gone from three times a day at the chiro, to two, and now to three times a week! Pretty awesome if I do say so myself. I am working on my review of the laundry products (hey, I wanna get it just right), and also an awesome giveaway (yeah! It will be my first ever).