Monday, November 24, 2008
How did you all do? Any venison to warm the tummies at your house? Hopefully after this coming weekend in the UP we will have some to stock our freezer.
On that same trip (which I had to drive) I certainly did not take a photo of my son sleeping in his chair because he was so cute.
I most certainly did not take two of my children shopping down by the mall this weekend. That would have meant a whole lots of unnecessary work.
I did not utilize all of what our church has to offer when it comes to children so that I could actually hear the entire service.
I did not contemplate allowing my parents to take our almost two year old along on a fourteen hour drive week long trip west just so that I could have a break.
I did not have an important meeting (which all four of my children were present without the help of Jeremy) with important paper work (so much so that it comes with it's own instructions on how to do the paper work) that I did not have to make 79 copies for. That would have been silly for me to spend so much money on paperwork and have my kids there. No way was it a loud disheveled mess.
Lately I certainly did not ask a friend is she was feeling okay (thought she looked "pregnant") only for her to tell me it was a "cold".
That same girl certainly did not come to me the next week and confirm my question with the appropriate... 12 weeks along, how did you know!?!
I am not looking forward to my kids having five days off in a row this week (really, I am not). Good thing we will be up north and have Auntie Mary for reinforcements too!
Okay, so I am not going to incriminate my self any more this week. Hope you all have a happy day! Going out to play in the snow with the littles!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
"adult staffed childcare" x 2
Equipment received: 1 vibrating pager
Added all up, makes for an entire service heard by a weary mama! Refreshed by the Word and ready to finish my weekend.
So how did you do this weekend? How did your hunter do?
My hunter you ask? Well, he had a few frustrating moments... stubborn jerk of a hunter squatted right next to his blind. Have not heard anything from him today. Don't dare call him for fear his phone would ring and I would be the one to scare the potential deer away!
I will update when I know more.
Friday, November 21, 2008
- Did ya know that my husband hunts and I don't mind letting him go by himself. Really, I don't. By the end of the time I may regret it just a bit, but that is just because the kids drive me crazy sometimes.
- I got a clean bill of health the other day , well sort of, but it was better than I could have prayed for.
- I had my nose broken twice (once by a flight of stairs and once by a girl and a golf putter).
- I enjoy cooking but dislike baking immensely. BUT I do bake a pumpkin roll (complete with cream cheese frosting in the middle) from scratch. YUM YUM!
- I dislike immensely (we don't use the word hate here) brushing my teeth.
- There are times when brushing my teeth (and cleaning my ears) makes me gag... REALLY bad. That is not a good sign at all (it usually means I am expecting....)
- Don't get your undies in a bundle, that last one was not a hint at anything I AM NOT, it is just a fact about me.
- I love food, especially non breakfast type food for breakfast (ie. leftovers from supper)
- I have four blankets to make before Christmas and the only start I have on them is all of the fleece is purchased.
- I wear a mouth guard to bed and quite honestly I wake up with dragon breath! YUCK!
- I yell a lot. I don't like and am trying to change it. Working hard on that.
- If we can treat something with out a prescription/over the counter medication we do it.
- My mom and I have the same nutrition book so that we can "be on the same page" when she is helping me decide how to treat whom ever needs to be treated.
- I used to be on a paintball team.
- I have had surgery on my foot twice. OUCH!
- My parents and my husband would agree that my feet are very expensive.
- I have been granted permission (from the hubby of course) to go to the podiatrist to get my feet checked (have not been to one in over eight years) to get my orthotics (oh yah, I wear those too) redone. I have had them for sixteen years and really think it is time to up date them.
- I plan to start running again after I get my feet checked. Hopefully someday burn enough fat off to start running competitively again. (I really don't like when I can feel things jiggle when I move!)
Okay, enough about me. Anything that you have been just dying to ask? Shoot. Maybe, just maybe I will answer.
Happy "deer hunting widows" weekend!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Thanks for the prayers.
Up before it was light out this morning D and made our way to the outpatient wing of our local hospital. Major dental work (ya' know the kind that requires financing) is what is on for today. Happy and unassuming he enjoyed picking out a stuffed duck and meeting everyone who came into his room. Every ten minutes or so he would ask if it was time to go home yet... A little vercet(sp?) and a wagon ride later he was off to the "restricted area". Kiss (that he wont remember, and "no, you can't have a bottle for home")he was ready to go. He is getting all the work done right now as I type... listening to Lincoln Brewster and playing the waiting game. If you have a moment put up a prayer for him to be safe with the anesthesia. I will update later when we are at home. Thank you to Auntie Mary and mom and dad who are helping with the kids today. We appreciate you.
**vercet = a wonderful syrup that makes the kids loopy enough to slur words, unable to walk and they don't remember anything. Act just like they are hammered. If you have ever dealt with it, you probably asked for a bottle to take home too.**