Thursday, March 5, 2009

Touched my soul

Recently I was made aware of the Mary Madeline Project, and it touched me deep in my soul. The work they do is incredible and made possible by people who so generously donate their wedding (and formal) gowns and dresses. I checked out the site, honestly had no idea that something like this existed. http://www.marymadelineproject.org/

Check it out, look around, (on the top there are options). You can see the work these gracious volunteers do. Incredible work if you ask me. All of us know someone or are that someone who have lost a baby or babies to infant loss. It just really made me feel like someone cares when I saw these amazing works of art that are made to comfort these parents and families. I am not at the point where I can donate my gown. I have always wanted it made into a baptismal gown for my children but since they are all baptized (the boys all in the same little navy suit and L in our families heirloom gown) I am still wanting it made for their children. I just really think that it would be amazing to see that happen. Someday, I may find a talented woman willing to do it for me. In the mean time, I continue to pray for these wonderful people that use their talents and for the people who so unselfishly give up their cherished gowns and dresses for those gifts from God.

Thank you for taking the time to check this out. In my opinion, it is incredible.

Happy day.

1 comment:

MamaBear said...

I'd never heard of this organization either. If I only had sons I would love to donate my dress, but I'd like Julia to have the option to wear my dress if she wants.

What a touching idea!